Wednesday, November 7, 2007

BJ Penn: "If guys are cheating, maybe there should be two divisions."



As we we previously reported, BJ Penn with face Joe Stevenson for the "interim" UFC lightweight title at UFC 80. He is looking to become only the second fighter ever to hold titles at two different weight classes, Randy Couture being the oter. Penn recently sat down with the The Honolulu Advertiser to discuss his upcoming fight, Sean Sherk and steroids.

Penn On Training For His Upcoming Fight With Joe Stevenson:

I was training hard all this time, but it was tough to get motivated not knowing what was going on. At least now I know I have to get ready for Stevenson if I want that belt. Stevenson is good all-around. He'll come in shape, so I have to be at my best. I'm expecting a good fight.""He deserves a shot. I have nothing bad to say about the guy.

Penn On Sean Sherk:

I was told four different times that it was going to be on with Sherk, and it got pushed back every time. I'm just happy they set something else up. I was getting tired of waiting. If he did win the belt by cheating, that's ridiculous. But he's the one who has to live with it. Just like bodybuilding. If guys are cheating, maybe there should be two divisions.

Penn went on to joke that his upcoming interim fight with Joe Stevenson is for the "natural" lightweight title.

By Jason Perkins

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TĂȘnis e Sapato, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tenis-e-sapato.blogspot.com. A hug.